View Single Post
Old 06-28-2006, 07:26 PM   #30
Squinky
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriartyL
I started sharing AG ideas for one and only one reason: I thought the people here would want to share AG ideas more than anything else (because I assumed that they were enthusiastic), and I wanted to get it moving in a direction my fellow forumers would be most comfortable in. This was never for myself.

Now, as Squinky and Melanie68 have argued, an idea isn't worth much until it's put into use. I partially agree. But this isn't about value - it's about the creative process. Even if you don't plan on doing anything with it, it's a good creative exercise which makes you rethink things you've taken for granted and practice creative work. This seems like a worthwhile goal in itself. But the larger issue is that when you have a random idea and you don't even tell anyone about it, that is an idea completely wasted.
Then maybe most people around here have better things to do than think up creative, innovative adventure game ideas, and those who don't have better things to do are actually doing something about their great ideas. You people should really peek into the Underground section of this site more often.

As for sharing your music, couldn't you just find some web space at which to host it, then post the links here?