View Single Post
Old 06-28-2006, 05:20 PM   #76
Maquisard
Citizen of Bizarro World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo
What if you had one job while you were awake, and another while you slept, one where you built or sold or shipped things, and the other where you planned or designed or tested the concepts for those things? However, you do this never knowing how they're related, because you're only half able to remember your dream job while awake, and never your day job while you sleep. Then one day, you find something that you realize you dreamed of, but to your horror, you find out what it's really being built for.
I was thinking of something similar the other day. What if your brain capacity could be utilized in a computer network, and you got payed for it? You simply jack in for 8 hours a day, (and now that you mention it, why not make it during the sleep cycle?), and then have the remaining 16 hours to do whatever you want. There would be absolutely no stress at work, 'cause you'd be unconscious the entire time, but also no strive for greater success. It's kinda like the human batteries from the Matrix meets the unconscious/programmed hookers from the Neuromancer. Sounds great to me! Of course, I haven't thought of how one could use the concept as a plot for a game...
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem