View Single Post
Old 06-25-2006, 02:36 PM   #2
SamNMax

Alien - Oh, even more contriversial, is it? I only saw Alien recently. The series as a whole never interested me, mostly because I classified it as sci-fi. I've told this to some Alien fans and the reaction is always the same "what no way it';s not sci-fi it's horror you have to see it so scary" Fine, I figure. I have a couple hours. So I saw it. It took me five hours to get through it. You have to understand, I have the attention span of a narkelptic five-year-old when it comes to movies. In fact, the only movies that I don't have to see twice and actually liked are non-stop action/gore-fests, like Nightmare on Elm Street, really cheesy horror like Tales From The Crypt, or awesome action packed stuff like Indiana Jones (the reason why I like Aliens a lot better). Hell, it was only until maybe two years ago that I was able to watch Star Wars in one sitting. And that is why Alien failed for me. Unless you count all the running away from the alien, or the part where the alien pops out of the guy's stomach (a scene that you see coming miles away), nothing happens at all. I kept rewinding becuase I was looking at my thumb through most of the movie. Now, I admit it's a great sci-fi movie, but there is no way at all that you could convince me to call it horror.

Jaws - I think everyone can back me up on this. There is no way in hell that this movie can be the scariest of all-time. No way. A bunch of POV shots of the shark lookin' at kid legs and seeing a puppet that doesn't work eat people is not scary in the least. I like this movie, I really do. But I can't look at it seriously anymore. I'd love to talk more about it, but my blood pressure is rising rather high. I can feel my finger tips throbbing.

In conclusion, bad list. Very, very bad list. Not only were there movies that didn't deserve to be on their at all, but there were movies that had a place on the list, but once again, the placement was pretty random. There were also movies that I didn't find scary, but didn't red them due to generation gaps (ie The Haunting). And personally, I think Phantasm and Suspiria are the scariest on the list. Whatever.

Last edited by SamNMax; 06-25-2006 at 03:04 PM.