View Single Post
Old 01-23-2004, 03:16 PM   #17
Mimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig
I have never played Privateer 1&2, but did Privateer 2 have Christopher Walken?
Yes, It had a few great actors. Clive Owen, Christopher Walken, John Hurt, and Brian Blessed. Also, Dani Behr did the voice over for the ship's computer. A great game, great acting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig
Wing Commander 3&4 are great, they feature my favourite actors, Mark Hamill & John Rhys-Davies

Wing Commander: Prophecy wasn't so much fun anymore because Hamill was an Admiral and only appeared on couple of scenes
Don't forget Malcolm McDowell! (and Tom Wilson as 'Maniac' )

Speaking of those games, only last weekend I dug out the boxes for those! I've got them on my desk right now. I was thinking of going through and playing them again, but technology has advanced a long way since then and graphically they are way behind the times... Not sure whether I'll be able to tolerate the graphics, not after newer games like Freelancer...

It's just a pity that when they went and created a feature length Wing Commander movie, they ditched most of the established background history and ship designs (not to mention the Kilrathi designs!), replaced the actors, and created a terrible film.