Thread: NBA Playoffs
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2006, 06:35 AM   #130
Once A Villain
OUATIJ Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litrick
I would just like to say. it is a sad day for the NBA, and world sports for that matter.

I was initially annoyed that Mark Cuban would make an accusation that the NBA was rigged, as i thought it was ridiculous. Then after hearing that Phil Jackson at one point had also made the accusation, i thought that coming from the NBAs greatest ever coach (arguably), it may have some grounding, but still not likely.... But after watching todays game....
And Game 5 was even WORSE. But yes, for Game 6 the TV angles were better to see the damage. What about the foul call that sent Wade to the line where not only was he untouched, but no Maverick was within a foot and a half of him? LOL. That was in the first half though, boring, lets move on to the last 25 seconds.

ANOTHER Wade bail out call when the Mavs were up 1 (echoes of Game 5). Worst of all, it wasn't a shooting foul but they were in the penalty so Wade gave the Heat the lead with FREE THROWS yet again. Remember that "foul"? Dirk was running sideways staying with Wade, Dirk's arms were STRAIGHT UP to prove to the officials that he wasn't fouling, but then Wade throws his RIGHT ELBOW into Dirk's chest. BLEEEEEP! Offensive foul right! Mavs ball! Not in this league. Wade at the line. Dirk, HOW DARE YOU get elbowed in the chest!

By then, the damage was done, but on the final play when Terry tried for 3, his jersey was being held onto by Gary Payton. No call there either.

Dwayne Wade 21 free throws. Mavericks TEAM 23 free throws. So much for home cooking...

Last edited by Once A Villain; 06-21-2006 at 09:18 AM.