View Single Post
Old 06-18-2006, 11:50 AM   #52
Stoofa
Roar?

I've been really lazy and haven't finished any artwork in a long time, which is ridiculous since I keep meaning to do a portfolio and learn more about art at art college. Part of my problem is confidence, since I dont' think I'm very good and I get frustrated at my inability to clearly visualise what I want a piece to look like. I have a load of rough sketches with neat ideas.

I tend to focus on my subject and then totally crap up the background. So I need to work more on backgrounds and study some works with lovely backgrounds. I'm a big fan of Mary Blair and Eyvind Earle, I love the sinister vibes lurking behind their bright colours and themes.

Here's a good example of a crap background after I focused a lot of energy on making the children look the way I wanted:

Lately I've been doing up some wedding stationery for my sister and some other people. Here's an example of this:

I keep meaning to finish something I started inspired by a creepy legend I heard about a cinnamon bird. I'll post it here once it's satisfactory.