View Single Post
Old 06-16-2006, 05:40 PM   #1348
Jatsie
Lovable rogue

Default Strength through unity...

V for Vendetta.

So I finally got around to watching it. I must say I don't usually go for films based on comic books, but I really enjoyed this picture.

Natalie Portman, bless her cotton socks, I really wasn't buying her English accent. At best it was an above average impersonation, but it wasn't an authentic replication by any means.
Kudos to her for shaving her head though, Sigourney Weaver beat her to it by a decade or so, but still it enhanced the impact of that plot point. So hats off, or maybe on in Natalie's case.

Stephen Fry, who doesn't love Stephen Fry? He brought something special and uniquely him to the role, that, if absent, would have been of detriment to the piece.

One last note, I could never ever condone the destruction of the Palace of Westminster and St. Stephen's Tower. It is simply a horrendous act of historic vandalism.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena