View Single Post
Old 06-15-2006, 02:04 PM   #47
insane_cobra
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
Well you can start by waiting till at least the console is out for one year?
Why can't I talk about games that have been announced?

Quote:
Look at XBOX 360's lineup NOW and tell me what it includes.
You mean games that fit your previous definition of non-hardcore? Kameo, Condemned, Oblivion, Tomb Raider: Legend, Peter Jackson's King Kong, Gun, Hitman: Blood Money, Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires. You may not find all of them attractive and neither do I, but they're all very good to great games and either next gen, console or absolute exclusives.

Quote:
Most of the games you mentioned are not even out yet.
But when they do get released, Sony still won't have much to counter that line-up, judging by games currently announced for their console.

Quote:
But remember that Final Fantasy XIII is going to Sony whereas MS got Final Fantasy XI (which was out on the PS2 ages ago), so the biggest RPG publisher in Japan has stated its support for Sony.
That's not surprising. If Microsoft got Final Fintasy XIII, they would have three most profitable franchises in their hands (Final Fantasy, Halo and GTA, which will also see release on PS3, but Xbox 360 gets exclusive episodic content). Still, they did get Final Fantasy XI which was completely unexpected, and Wii gets another FF:CC title so everyone's covered. More so, I watched an interview with Peter Moore in which he said they're negotiating with Square/Enix on daily basis about the next FF game. Yes, Final Fantasy XIV. Doesn't mean much, but shows that anything could happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiwak
I'm getting sick of dumb fanboy arguments.
There's a difference between being a fan and being a fanboy. I'm definitely not a fanboy, I didn't care for Xbox and even Xbox 360 didn't excite me much initially, but right now I think both Wii and Xbox 360 look much more promising than anything Sony had to show so far.

Last edited by insane_cobra; 06-15-2006 at 02:16 PM.