View Single Post
Old 06-09-2006, 02:36 PM   #22
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

Got my cute little pet from BestBuy. She can also double as a PC monitor as needed (I have a laptop so don't need). She was actually supposed to be $329 but got marked down to $279 (just a bit over $300 after sales tax):

Quote:
  • 4:3 aspect ratio for viewing standard TV in fullscreen format with selectable 16 mode
  • 3-2/2-2 pulldown for accurate reproduction of film-based sources
  • 1024 x 768 pixel resolution; accepts all major DTV signals, including 1080i, 720p and 480p, plus standard 480i
  • Smart Picture automatically adjusts picture settings to optimal levels
  • 130° horizontal and 110° vertical viewing angles make every seat the best in the house
  • 3D motion-adaptive deinterlacing and 2D digital comb filter deliver state-of-the-art detail and color enhancement
  • Picture-in-picture and split screen let you view one source while you keep your eye on another (only in PC mode)
  • Ultraslim LCD measures less than 6-3/4" deep; comes with table stand that can be converted to a wall mount for mounting TV on a wall
  • Inputs: 15-pin D-sub, 1 component video, 1 SVHS/AV with shared audio, 1 mini audio and RF
  • 2 built-in 3W stereo speakers with SAP/MTS stereo sound and Virtual Dolby Surround sound; Smart Sound keeps volume levels constant while flipping through channels and commercial breaks
  • V-Chip parental controls keep children from being exposed to undesirable material
  • Trilingual (English, French, Spanish) on-screen menus and convenient sleep timer
  • Standard remote
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien