Thread: [ring!]
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2006, 11:41 AM   #18
Jeysie
Diva of Death

Send a message via MSN to Jeysie

My reasons for disliking talking on the phone differ, but I already detailed them in the What Are You Afraid Of? thread. Boils down to lack of being able to read body language and read lips to tell exactly what's being said, yet you still have the discomfort of *immediate* conversation that isn't in written form.

Gives me no end of trouble with jobs... I've been supposed to call various people in search of getting a new job for weeks now and I'm just nervous about doing it.

What's worse is that I come off *horribly* on the phone. I used to have a job where answering the phone was one of my duties. Eventually my employers had to "fire" me from answering the phone because the customers all complained I sounded rude, bored, and/or incompetant, when in fact I always tried to be helpful, pay attention, and knew what I was talking about. *sigh*

Granted, I have almost as much trouble in person with people constantly misreading what I meant to say and be, but it's worse on the phone.

Peace & Luv, Liz

"Maybe it's still in the Elemental Plane of Candy."
"Is the Elemental Plane of Candy anything like Willy Wonka's factory?"
"If it is, would that mean Oompa Loompas are Candy Elementals?"
"Actually, I'm thinking more like the Candyland board game. But, I like this idea better."
"I like the idea of Oompa Loompa Elementals."