View Single Post
Old 06-06-2006, 11:47 AM   #15
insane_cobra
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by noknowncure
What would be the point of a Dreamfall movie though? What would be gained from the new medium?
Exactly. Prettier visuals? Who really needs that? And especially now, when game engines are capable of delivering moving (even more - interactive!) images of considerable beauty.

Maybe some gamers would like to see their favorite characters portrayed by actual people? I don't get any kicks out of that, but who knows?

Seeing someone's unique take on a familiar IP might be interesting, but I think most fans would want their game movies to be as faithful to the source material as possible.

Or do people see game movies as some proof of this medium's artistic credibility? Mainstream acceptance? I really don't understand it.

Can you folks wanting to see more games made into movies speak up? What is your reasoning behind that? I'm genuinely curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilva
Re-telling the story with proper character expressions, maybe?
Hm, okay. You can accomplish that with some more advanced game engines, but still not to the extent a capable human actor could act it out. Still, is that all?

Last edited by insane_cobra; 06-06-2006 at 11:52 AM.