View Single Post
Old 01-20-2004, 11:41 AM   #7
Tamara

I've got to re-read the review to comment in depth, I wrote it a very, very long time ago (actually, it's one of the first I wrote).

However, 1) The score was also influenced, like rags said, by MI1 & 2 being much, much, better .. especially as far as depth goes. COMI felt shallow in comparison. 2) I wrote that, as I said, a long time ago, when I was somewhat more likely to gloss over bad points, and try to 'appease' MI fans. I wouldn't do that nowadays. I do remember trying both to state my opinion (that COMI wasn't all that) and not to get lynched (by adding 'but ...'). Like I say, I wouldn't do that now, I'd just criticise what I felt needed criticising and not eulogise over good points (bad habit I picked up from GameSpy previews at the time). 3) I do stand by the score. Not necessarily by the text, I'd have to re-read to make sure. Quite definitely it'd be different if I wrote it today, people change.

PS - Why dyou say the review is overly positive for the score given, and then say it gives a negative impression?