View Single Post
Old 06-04-2006, 06:00 AM   #216
Iron

Are we talking about the same Grim Fandango here? I'm currently playing the game and based on what I've seen this far it is definately NOT the best adventure game ever! Just finished the Rubacawa part in year two and the whole thing was a huge pointless puzzle-marathon with endless amount of running around in the same places, nothing to hear but "It's locked", "Not picking that up" and my all time favorite: "I don't really want to do that" Go for it Manny! I'm not saying the game's horrible, and since I'm not even near the finish line, I may not be the best person to say. Indeed, I would be most delighted if the game got better after this, maybe then I'd understand what it is that makes it the BEST of the best.

For me, having only played few adventure games (GK3, Syberia, Broken Sword 1, Monkey Island 1 and some that I haven't completed yet) it is hard to declare the greatest of all time, but so far all that I've played have been almost equally good. Syberia and GK3 a little bit better than the others.