View Single Post
Old 06-02-2006, 11:58 PM   #34
Gordon Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerserkerTails
Ew, ew EW! Quantum Gate was hideous. Horrible acting, horrible plot, not fun, just bad. BAAAD.
I liked it. I freely admit that my tastes often lie somewhere outside the mainstream, of course. I like FMV. I simply *adore* interactive movies. I am sure that many people will detest some of the games that I love.

I've considered separating my recommendations into games that are good that I like, and games that are probably not terribly good that I like. I know that I have certainly played more than enough games to know quality and lack of quality when I see it.

Let's see what else I can think of that I enjoyed, both good and bad:

Connections. Myst clone based on the documentary series by James Burke. Not a great game, but a good experience for anyone interested in the history of technology.

Elroy Goes Bugzerk/Elroy Hits the Pavement. Excellent kids' adventure games with absolutely gorgeous visual design. It looks like paper cutouts and scanned photographs, all done with superb aesthetics.

L-Zone. Barely a game at all, more of an interactive art piece. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Go through several zones playing with various machines and things, then move on.

Gadget: From the same artist as L-Zone. Very much the same, but with a more developed story and artistic style. Quite engaging if you happen to like puzzle-less adventures.

Toonstruck. I don't know if this counts as obscure. Hilariously vulgar comedy.