View Single Post
Old 06-01-2006, 03:07 AM   #40
Huz
Kersal Massive

Send a message via MSN to Huz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Bennett
"Blog." Oh, how I hate that word. I might be able to accept it if it were used on very rare occasions, and even then only to refer to something pulled out of one's nose. Which it sounds like it should be.
Oh man. I know I hate a lot of words, but for some reason I was struggling to come up with anything specific. That reminds me...

...any annoying technological buzzword and the belief that goes with them, in the media, that they should be mentioned all the time!!!!

Podcast. Despite how often we hear this word, who actually listens to them? That's right - nobody.

Blogosphere - a very fancy word for what's basically a pile of cretins who write things on the interweb.

I'm signed up to the BBC techie mailing list, because the technology they're playing with interests me, but oh man you should see their ideas about new-fangled Web 2.0 interactivity and how people will be itching to sit in front of their computer for 24 hours to download the latest episode of Ground Force. Some of the jargon that goes along with it is horrendous.

And of course, buzzwords of years past: information superhighway, cyberspace, etc etc. Argh.