Thread: NBA Playoffs
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2006, 04:00 PM   #80
SoccerDude28
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Once A Villain
Yes, what he did was ok in my book when someone lands on your head. How much more helpless can you feel? The refs don't protect you when you clearly call a time out, they let two guys jump on top of you and then reward them for it. You have to stand up for yourself in that situation. And yes, Dick Bevetta is a veteran. He wasn't the official last night. And by the way, the Mavs hate Dick Bavetta, but I like him. I'm not biased in this matter. Bavetta still is a veteran, so your point is moot. The Spurs are the greatest whiners in the history of the NBA and the only good thing about them winning a championship is that the trophy stays in Texas.
If you want to look at refereeing, the Spurs got 196 free throws in this series, the Mavs got 192, which as you can see is almost identical. The reason why San Antonio got more free throws in the last game is because they were more aggressive in driving into the lane and playing inside, as opposed to Dallas, which relied more on Nowitski shooting the ball.

As far as calling the last jump ball against Terry a foul, I totally disagree. Both players were fighting for possesion for a ball Terry lost.

And I did not see him calling timeout at all

This is not a timeout call. Look at his hands, they are not even touching each other.

Firefox rules