View Single Post
Old 05-18-2006, 01:48 PM   #39
Karmillo
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpfinsa
Phoenix Wright was a port of a Japanese game that was already in the books, so really only the text needed translating (although I will admit, there was a heck of a lot of text), so as a project at large, Phoenix Wright made a lot more profit per sale than most games do....so really, this game doesn't need to sell as many copies as a lot of games to break even. Yea, there are hardware costs for the cartridge, but software development costs are always very, VERY steeper than the cost of the cartridge in most cases. In this case, other than the translation, the hardware cost was probably the game's ONLY cost, since they sure didn't spend much in marketing....
Again it wasnt already in the books, It was already there for the GBA but they had to re program it or what ever when porting to the DS. So it wasnt just hardware costs...and the translation wasnt a small thing since they had to pretty much rewrite all the jokes

Also the english translation was actualy included with the Japanese version of the DS game....I wonder if it will be the same for the 4th game