View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 02:50 PM   #19
Jackal
Hopeful skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrious
Secret Files: Tunguska should be higher....
Why? Just cuz? Frankly, it was extremely lucky to hold onto #10 after all the other games we've seen.

As for the DS, it's not just another platform. It's a platform that offers (and utilizes) new possibilities for gameplay. Unless I'm forgetting some PC adventures that feature voice recognition, touch screen capability, etc. Feel free to correct me if I've simply overlooked something similar on PC. And that's in addition to portability, of course.

Ignoring for the moment that you completely made up the 5% figure, what you're saying is that DS adventures appeal to 5% of the PC adventure market. So what? Who made that the defining measurement? How many PC adventures sell well enough to generate sequels? Do you think Capcom is generously operating at a loss just so we few 5% PC/DS owners can have another game? Or is it possible that Phoenix Wright was a widely popular adventure that simply wasn't played by much of the PC adventure hardcore?

Oh, and just for the record, I would gladly add a mobile phone game if it were something that generated widespread interest.