View Single Post
Old 09-17-2003, 12:13 PM   #1
saucyminx
Schoolgirl From Hell

Default A little heartbroken...

So yesterday I had a bad shock. I wasn't home the whole day as I was busy running errands. And even if I managed to pop home, it was to drop my sister home from school. During the rush, I barely even noticed that Starbuck (one of my kittens) was nowhere to be seen, but I dismissed the notion because the cats have a tendency to curl up somewhere totally hidden for catnaps.

Anyways, late evening after we all got home from dinner with relatives (with this particular bitchy aunt I really hate ), I went straight upstairs to retire only to rush back downstairs when I heard my dad calling me from the garden, sounding frantic. I peered out of the window, and my dad was grim-like. "I have bad news," he said. My heart just went totally cold.

And sure enough, we found poor missing Starbuck. She drowned in the pool. I have idea at all how she managed to fall into the pool, since our cats generally avoided the pool area. We assumed she may have tried to drink or something since the day was really really hot and she must have slipped and fell. I don't want to go on with assumptions. I couldn't help but let loose some tears. I know it's so silly to be weepy over a cat, but Starbuck was the baby of the family. She's the smallest and the most fragile because of an accident a couple of months back. I can't help but thinking that if I had spent maybe some time trying to look for her and made sure she was safe inside the house, she wouldn't have drowned. I don't know.

"Or is it I who has penetrated you?"