View Single Post
Old 09-10-2003, 10:43 AM   #15
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

I have in my hard drive right now:

No One Lives Forever 2 - I have no idea how it happened, but my savegames got deleted, and I haven't been in the mood to restart the game; I had left off during the Pierre boss fight (had to save Armstrong's ass). I may get back to it in the next month or so. Excellent game.

Unreal Tournament 2003 - I lost interest in this a few months ago, but it's a stunning looking game. Will most likely play it off and on, as it's one of those titles that's mindless and easy to pick up.

Soldier of Fortune II - never finished the singleplayer, boring as hell, uninspired. But the multiplayer is AWESOME! Completely, utterly, and heavenly violent, gory, and disgusting. I feel such a visceral sense of accomplishment whenever I gib someone. I play deathmatch almost everyday to wind down from work and commuting. This is my preferred deathmatch game. My player name is Krispy Krotch .

Silent Hill 2 - left off during the first Pyramid Head boss fight; only had a tiny bit of health left and 14 bullets, kept dying. Will get back to it towards Halloween. Beautiful, stunning graphics and atmosphere, best dynamic shadows this side of Splinter Cell. Gameplay is annoyingly slow to respond, Konami need to study FPSs for pointers.

Splinter Cell - Left off at the start of the oil rig mission. Absolutely excellent, even though it's not as refined as Thief. This one I want to take my time with, as it's one of those kinds of tactical action/adventures. Jawdropping visuals, the shadows are gorgeous!

Syberia - Okay, this one is what I'm focusing on right now in particular. As with everyone else, I'm finding it stupefyingly breathtaking. Did they use Bink for the cutscenes? I've just disembarked the train at Barrockstadt. Will get back into it this weekend. Main complaints: noticeable lack of interactivity, puzzles are too straightforward, unnatural puppet-like character animations, "I can't go down there. I can't go down there...".

Tron 2.0 - Left off just after meeting Mercury for the first time. The gameplay seems pretty cookie cutter as far as hybrids go, but it's damn good and challenging, really keeps you on your toes. A little bit more complex than NOLF2, a lot more simple than Deus Ex. The graphics and art direction, of course, are jawdropping. A visually seductive exotic experience in a sea of tired-ass military and space marine shooters.