View Single Post
Old 05-14-2006, 07:20 PM   #17
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbert
I think the point is liver failure death from AIDS drugs is very common, that AIDS drugs aren't that miraculous: they kill you.
Catbert, I was to reply to this post but Scottsie pretty much summed up what I was going to state. I too know people who have either died of complications of AIDS or are living with HIV and are doing very well because of the medicinal regimen they're on and their decided effort to live as healthily as they can.

You exhibited ignorance with that statement. Many antiretroviral drugs and other drugs related to combatting AIDS are not much different from other kinds of medicines to treat various kinds of illnesses - overdosing on them or allergic reactions to them or other factors can contribute to nasty reactions or even death from people taking them. They're not that different, really, from medicines like Vioxx or Ambien. There can be weird side effects, but that's the nature of many drugs. You have to take into account many logistical details before deciding whether to suggest this or that killed the person.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien