View Single Post
Old 05-13-2006, 06:15 AM   #3
Enter the Story
I turn novels into games

Thanks! The link you posted was to Valhalla Classics, but Valhalla3D was linked on the parent site. Although after a minute of waiting the page still hasn't loaded. The pre-release blurb made the game sound like a must-have for adventure fans. So I'm curious to see what happened.

Edit - I spoke too soon. When the page finally loaded it was an old page I had seen before, a "work in progress" screen from 2004. Can I conclude that Valhalla3D was never released? The last interview I saw indicated that the company had invested everything in being world leaders for 3D. My guess is that this was economic suicide because it flung them into a highly complex and fast changing market, pitted against giant companies with deep pockets. I wonder what the latest is on Vulcan? Their web site is incredibly slow, which is not a good sign.

PS thanks for the good luck wish. I would have added a link to some screenshots, but I was advised that it would be better to take the site down and surprise people when the game is actually ready for release.

Last edited by Enter the Story; 05-13-2006 at 06:32 AM.