View Single Post
Old 05-12-2006, 11:51 PM   #78
Spiwak
is not wierd

I have no idea how most gamers are reacting to the Wii. But apparently, according to a few hands-on articles from GameSpot and IGN it's not incredibly easy to use. Granted, they are having to get used to it in the middle of E3, and there are still months before the thing's released. But apparently the technology isn't as intuitive as it should be because it's just a sensor above or below the screen and thus it's not simply a matter of pointing the mote to the point on the screen you want to be aiming for. I assume it's something that's just a matter of getting used to, if Nintendo wasn't planning on fixing whatever the issue might be. But I was just saying that if the cotroller is faulty or not as fun as everyone thought i might be, then Nintendo ought to have a back-up plan (such as games that won't be motion sensing) if they want people to buy it at all. Investing so much into this controller (that's already a risky move in and of itself as far as fun-factor goes) and not getting it to work absolutely perfectly by launch would be, I think, a terrible move for Nintendo. Here's hoping for the best though--I've always loved Nintendo as a company.