View Single Post
Old 05-09-2006, 03:00 PM   #16
stepurhan
Freeware Co-ordinator

There is a difference between spreading the word and propaganda. You seem to have got the idea that telling people about God automatically involves something along the lines of "Join us or Be Damned!" which isn't really the case. I'm also not quite sure where you're getting the idea that being religious makes you anti-entertainment either. We're ordinary people who like to kick back and relax as well you know.

Let me try making a game-based analogy. You find a freeware game that you really like. Since it's downloadable from a website its freely available to anyone that wants it. However, you find that, while most people have heard the name of the game, they really don't understand what its about. Some have even got totally the wrong idea about it. You think that. if people tried it they'd actually really like this game. WHat do you do? You tell them about it and why you think its good. You're not forcing them to play it, You're just explaining what its about and why you think they will enjoy playing it. Some people will just ignore you. Some will try it and make an informed decision they don't like it. But some will enjoy the game and feel happier for you having convinced them to give it a go.

You see all these fire and brimstone preachers on the television and get the idea that spreading the word is all about the hard sell. I can tell you that, for most of us, its just telling people about something we feel makes our lives better.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree