View Single Post
Old 05-09-2006, 02:22 AM   #2668
Jazhara7
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaJ
I thought it meant darlings. It´s been a very long time since I took German class in school. (Did it for 6 years though.)

I´m very proud I managed to confuse you the slightest!

Ah, "Darlings" would be "Lieblinge" (Singulard would be: Darling = Liebling). However, it's rarely used in plural (it's mostly used between people in love, and/or adults talking to their/a child. I suppose it's the latter you were using. I'm alright with that, but "Lieblinge" sounds a bit strange. Maybe "Herzchen" or "Schätzchen" [literally "Little Heart(s)" and "Little Treasure(s)", though Leo.org translates both as "Sweetie Pie". I would not translate them as that...I guess it depends on the situation.]).

And I noticed I mistranslated "Lieblings" too. It *could* be "Darlingest", but the more common translation would be "Favourite". For example, "My favourite shoe" would be "Mein Lieblingsschuh" ("Lieblings" is normally merged with the word that it is attributed to. It's used like a prefix, but it's also an adjective, I believe.)

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!