View Single Post
Old 05-04-2006, 08:22 AM   #93
Jeysie
Diva of Death

Send a message via MSN to Jeysie

Now that I think about it, a post I made in a previous thread probably applies here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeysie
I find PNC to be the most efficient form of interface for adventures.

After all, most of the time the whole point of an adventure is to interact with various bits of the environment. I'd rather be able to click on a bit of the environment and have the character go up to the bit to interact with it in some way automatically, instead of having to spend time fiddling with getting the character just in the right spot.

Adventures require a precision of positioning that I find irritating to achieve with direct control.
But now that I've been reminded of the GK3 interface, I *loved* that interface. It was cool to be able to zoom the camera around, and you could do it fluidly, meaning not having to worry about getting "snagged" or falling off a cliff or anything. Then once you found something interesting, you could just interact with it and Gabriel/Grace would automatically come over, so you didn't have to worry about precise positioning.

I had a lot of fun with that interface, because it combined the fun parts of direct control with the useful parts of PNC getting rid of the annoying parts of direct control.

Peace & Luv, Liz

"Maybe it's still in the Elemental Plane of Candy."
"Is the Elemental Plane of Candy anything like Willy Wonka's factory?"
"If it is, would that mean Oompa Loompas are Candy Elementals?"
"Actually, I'm thinking more like the Candyland board game. But, I like this idea better."
"I like the idea of Oompa Loompa Elementals."