View Single Post
Old 05-04-2006, 07:53 AM   #60
paul1275
The hell of it all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naveed
Don't rubbish the games which were released 15 years ago as nostalgic.
I have never once said that Monkey Island is Rubbish, far from it. I really enjoyed playing it. This thread is about the non-existence of a MI review on this site and the comments made about the review on Just Adventure.

From subsequent posts, it would seem that some will not accept an honest critical review of the game. A review at the end of the day is one person’s perception of a piece of work. It should not be biased and it should not be subject to vetting. You have to accept that it may not be the review you want to hear - again look at the reaction to the JA review of MI 1 and 2.

I simply believe that no-one should demand that a reviewer give an A+ just because they like the work in question.

And Nostalgia does not equal rubbish. If you remember anything with fondness like me (please remember I played MI when it first came out!) there must be something good to make you remember it in such a way.

Let’s agree that.

a) MI is a great game.
b) MI is loved by many, liked by some and dismissed (possibly even hated) by a few.
c) No one should dictate the outcome of a review no matter how biased they are.
d) The adventure game scene is a wide and varied one and we should be excited by that fact!