View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 07:23 PM   #1
Stoofa
Roar?

Default Just take my money already!

It's my dad's birthday today and two weeks ago I decided I had better get him a present. He loves terrible b-movies so I decided to get him a few of those. The best place I could find to order b-movies online is videoflicks.ca.

So I researched a bunch of b-movies and decided on four to get my dad:

Attack of the Crab Monsters
The Killer Shrews
The Crippled Avengers
Terror of Tiny Town

However, I couldn't seem to place my order. I'd enter my credit card number and nothing would happen when I pressed "submit" except that the fields all cleared. I called Videoflicks and couldn't get through, so I sent an e-mail instead. I got a very nice message from their customer service agent asking me to try again another day.

So I wait a few days and try to place my order again. This time it works! I'm so excited! My dad's present probably won't be late and he'll love it.

Ha ha. Three days later I get an e-mail that since I ordered from Videoflicks.COM not Videoflicks.CA the prices were a little different and so they cancelled my order. I felt stupid until I tried to order again and noticed that whenever you check your cart while on videoflicks.CA and click "continue shopping" it takes you to videoflicks.COM. ARHH!!

I place my order AGAIN. Making SURE that I was ordering from Videoflicks.CA this time.

I just got an e-mail from them today telling me that Attack of the Crab Monsters and The Killer Shrews are no longer in stock so they cancelled that part of my order and were in the process of reviewing the rest of my order.

FOR ****'S SAKE PEOPLE! JUST TAKE MY DAMN MONEY AND SEND OFF MY MOTHER****ING MOVIES!!!! ARHH!!!!!!!

My dad is going to think I'm such a flake. I really did think ahead this time! It's not my fault! And two movies is not nearly as impressive as four, especially since the best two were cancelled.

So, um, anyone else have a similar experience with a shop that just didn't seem to want to sell anything to anyone?