Thread: healing
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 09:59 AM   #38
Jelena
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeysie
(The short version is... it's your body movements doing it, not the rod itself.)

Peace & Luv, Liz
This is a piece of the article that describes "the short version"
Quote:
The Ideomotoric Effect
Take a paper clip and tie a 15-30 cm sewing thread to it. Rest your elbow on a table, hold the loose end of the thread with your fingers and let the paper clip swing like a pendulum right above the table. Then hold still and try not to move your arm at all. Now visualize that the pendulum swings back and forth, but do not move your arm! Does the pendulum swing? If not, visualize harder, because it will eventually move. The reason is not at all magic. What happens is called an ideomotoric effect, which is a subconscious movement governed indirectly by your expectations rather than conscious muscle activity. Since the ideomotoric effect causes such minute muscle motion, a sensitive instrument helps to make the effect clearly visible. This is where unstable systems are expedient. A very small movement away from equilibrium causes great fluctuations in the system. Guess why dowsing rods seem to move all by themselves! They don't.
The question is: What causes my skeleton and/or muscles to make those miniature movements at those precise places?
We were a bunch of people walking around with dowsing rods on a large schoolyard coverd with gravel. We walked randomly around and for each place the rod went up or down (it varied between us), we made a mark in the gravel. Afterwards we could detect a square pattern of lines about 40 cm apart and crossing each other at right angels.

And I´m not writing this to convince you of anything. As I´ve stated before, I very much believe in the nature of science.
Just for fun, try it out if you can manage to be as objective as possible to it. It´s pretty amazing to use the Y-rod since you´re holding it really firm with your elbows tight to your sides.