Thread: healing
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2006, 08:23 PM   #30
Aj_
Beyond Belief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
I'm not stupid, the idea is that we seem to depend a huge lot on science to explain everything that happens.
It's the only thing we can rely upon to explain anything. What do you depend on, your gut? I don't like facts either, I think with my gut, not my brain. My gut tells me my gut has more nerve endings than my brain. My gut tells me people only use 10% of their brains.
Quote:
But when something comes along that challenges scientific theory we insist that it never happened or is irrelevant.
There is no scientific theory, there are scientific theories, and they get challenged and falsified, because it's science. If you're talking about things outside science like Creationism, then of course it's irrelevant, it's not falsifiable. Talking burning bushes, in science, and in my opinion, life, must be assumed to be myths, exactly the same way no one believes that the Sun is a god.

That's the only example of something (apart from another scientific theory) that has come along and "challenged" a scientific theory recently.

Last edited by Aj_; 05-02-2006 at 08:37 PM.