View Single Post
Old 05-02-2006, 10:51 AM   #1173
AFGNCAAP
Dungeon Master

I don't know. I started thinking about Inside man after making that post and I came to the conclusion it's full of more crucial plotholes than the "Albanian" one. In order of importance they are:

Spoiler:
1.How much time after the bank robbery do the final scenes take place? A week, right? Am I to believe that the Christopher Plummer character not once checked the bloody deposit box during that time (after not-so-brightly allowing the police to see the list where #392 was missing, I might add)?

2.While we are at it, is it truly a "perfect" bank robbery that involves a scruffy, stinky man in black glasses and with a big bag appearing out of nowhere in the staff-only section of the bank? And shouldn't the four "hostages" in the car be more afraid of Denzel spotting them than their disguised leader?

3.What about the the bug-in-the-case thing? I can buy the police falling for it - I would probably do, too. I am interested, however, why Russell (Clive Owen) assumed the case will stay wherever the decisions will be made.

4.Washington believing faked hostage execution five seconds after he was totally convinced the robbers are bluffing about the use of violence.

Yeah, I enjoyed it while it lasted, but it's a kind of film that is ruined once you start thinking about it afterwards.