View Single Post
Old 05-01-2006, 10:26 PM   #1168
Crunchy in milk
delusions of adequacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider Crusoe
I have a crush on Mila Jovovich, and I wish she would stop picking bad movies. I think I need to see if Ultraviolet is as bad as people keep saying. XXX and The Fast and the Furious weren't as bad as I kept hearing, but I tend to give in easily for action.

I happened to see Equilibrium recently, and it wasn't good. It was a sub-par action movie that tried but failed to have meaning. The gunkata may have been cool one time, but it grew old quickly.
Equilibrium was great because of that very hammy-ness. I wanted to see more of it in UV but watching Milla do it just wasn't very satisfying. They took this unique (and hilarious) fictional martial art and threw special effects all over it to try and get you to swallow it. Totally the wrong direction IMO.

I kind of wish Mila would ditch the sci-fi genre. She might have limited range but I still think she'd do better in comedy or better yet, horror. Think about it - guys would be horrified at the thought of her pretty self being cut up and girls would find it somewhat kathartic.

I could sit through fast and the furious and even XXX without reaching for the remote, but the same can't be said for Ultraviolet. After watching this I have no excuse not to watch Aeon Flux now. It can't be worse.