View Single Post
Old 04-26-2006, 11:09 AM   #14
Legolas813

Send a message via AIM to Legolas813

Quote:
Originally Posted by dborgill
* If you are gonna put in action sequences in an adventure, try to make them funner or better programmed at least more than a poor Sega Genesis game
Can't argue with that. The fighting is pretty bad (yet the stealth is adequate). Only response I have is that you can get around most of the combat. The game doesn't force you to fight. For instance in Chapter 4:

Spoiler:
When you have to get April to climb up the scaffolding, instead of fighting the guard you can sneak up behind him and press one button for an instant kill; I think she chokes him or something. And in the Border House with Zoe, you can turn the pizza on so that the guy gets distracted while you sneak by.

Quote:
* Maybe it's just me, but everyone is ranting and raving about the story. I am on Chapter 5 and with all the switching around and bouncing between characters, my attention is really starting to lessen
I think you may be a little confused and less interested with the story because you haven't played the first game, and a lot of the characters and locations are unfamiliar to you.

Quote:
* Why is Zoe's character model so well done and looks like it has 1000's of polygons while most of the other characters look straight out of The Sims 1. What has Funcom been doing for SEVEN years?
I don't think they've really been working on the game for that long, have they? The first game didn't even come out until 1999/2000. We didn't hear anything about Dreamfall until like 2003.

Anyway, I don't see anything wrong with the graphics. Yes they are not as good on Xbox, but Dreamfall still has decent graphics. This is not Oblivion we are talking about.

Quote:
* This is a whole other topic but needs to be brought up here. Why all of a sudden, in the last little while has the overuse of profanity become "ok" or "cool" because it makes the story more "realistic"!? Seriously, here I am enjoying the game and then all of a sudden here comes Marcus and it's like the developers turn into pre-pubesecent teenagers that have just discovered swearing. Stupid and necessary.

Um, maybe because people use profanity in real life. :Shocked:

Seriously, Dreamfall does not use profanity for the sake of being cool or targeting the game to teenagers. They use it when it's appropriate. If you were Zoe and caught up in all that mess, would you not say "shit" every once in a while? Come on. Let's be real here.

Last edited by Legolas813; 04-26-2006 at 11:28 AM.