View Single Post
Old 04-25-2006, 09:28 AM   #67
colpet
Easily amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairygdmther
While looking at the Quandrary forum this morning, I found post by Jen of Four Fat Chicks commenting upon Gameboomers' reactions to Dreamfall, and giving a link to AG for the Dreamfall review.

Reported by FGM of Mystery Manor.

Jackal - I thought you'd get a kick out of this! BTW - I thoroughly enjoyed your review - you always present a fair approach to things, so I feel I can trust what you say.

Lynsie
Please understand that the following is my own perception and just a generalization.
For myself, I think it is important to see the comments on the 3 main forums I belong to. GB is the most traditional of the group; and tends to reflect my tastes. AG is the opposite end of the scale, usually what is hyped here doesn't interest me. JA seems to have a balance. It is important to understand the basic biases of these forums and seek out other Adventurer's opinions to have a well rounded idea of what a game is like. It is nice to be loyal to a site, and usually you gravitate to one that you are the most comfortable at; but there is value in being a member at a few different places just to see a wider picture and to have a louder voice too . When new adventure games can set you back $50, doing your homework makes sense.