View Single Post
Old 04-24-2006, 09:18 PM   #44
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

Weather: Evening, clear at 59°F/15°C, and pleasant.

Activity: AG forum, listening to NPR news programs, catching up on email, and will soon play an hour or so of Dreamfall before retiring.

Apparel: White cotton t-shirt, grey cotton shorts.

State of mind: Attentive (to the news).

Mood: Tired from running around all afternoon, but quite satisfied.

Thoughts: Gawd, I love the city! Just spent most of the afternoon walking around and exploring downtown Los Angeles, particularly around the garment district. I love the gritty atmosphere, the old ornate architecture of the buildings, and the mostly Mexican owned stores and all the bustling around. It's amazing how all that is within my reach, yet I'm cradled in the sweet nest that is South Pasadena, just minutes from downtown. At Union Station (where I switch from the subway train to the light rail train to get home) I picked up a huge beef burrito to go from a street market tacqueria. I can't believe I ate it all! I'll have no trouble sleeping tonight.

platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien