View Single Post
Old 04-24-2006, 01:51 AM   #45
JemyM

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

I have previously mentioned Gabriel Knight 3, and I am willing to take that back somewhat.

It appears that the game suffered from graphical issues more than horrible graphics. When I started to play, the GAMMA was dragged deep down, so the game was really dark everywhere I was, so dark that major features such as whole doors was impossible to see. Now I can actually see what goes on on screen

There was also some kind of bug with a function that intended to speed up rendering, that is one of the wierdest bugs I have seen in a game. If you ever used Photoshop and used the Smear function (the finger)... imagine the same effect, in realtime, smearing all 2d art and even textures on 3d objects, when I moved the mousecursor over them. After disabling that function, the game redraw itself more often, so I never have to bother about the smears.

Finally I was able through a reghack to bump up the screen resolution to 1600x1200. Did not do much for polygons, but it made the higher resolution textures to look far better, making me at least able to appreciate the high detail in signs/paintings etc.