View Single Post
Old 04-20-2006, 02:28 PM   #15
edlglide

Send a message via AIM to edlglide

First of all, as far as I know, the new Indy movie is taking place after WW2, in the 1950s I think.

Secondly, as far as LucasArts being the Star Wars company........I have no problem with them producing Star Wars games, as long as they produce other things as well. After all, they wouldn't exist without Star Wars. And furthermore, the last several Star Wars games have been quality games -- although I don't really like FPS games, Republic Commando was supposedly an incredible game and pretty innovative. Knights of the Old Republic was good, and Empire at War is a solid game -- it has some flaws, but it also has a lot of potential, and if they release a sequel it could be very very good.

It's not as if they stopped making adventure games because of Star Wars. In fact, they were making their best Star Wars games while they were making those great adventures......TIE Fighter was released in 1993 I think and it's probably one of the top 10 PC games ever made.

Anyways, my point is that Star Wars games themselves aren't the problem. The problem was CRAPPY Star Wars games, which they didn't always make. The problem was dumb business decisions and poor game design, because they've shown they're capable of making excellent Star Wars games in the past, and are starting to do so again. I'm just hoping this means they'll also spread out and start making other quality games too, and that's what this article suggests.

Last edited by edlglide; 04-20-2006 at 03:02 PM.