Thread: I'm fed up
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2006, 12:39 AM   #6
Sierra Junkie

Send a message via MSN to avatar_58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litrick
I think the saddest thing about the Adventure Genre, is despite there being so many people like yourself, who just want a good entertaining, plain old adventure title, like DOTT, Grim, MI, KQ etc etc... every developer seems to think they need to invent some type of new adventure super genre, with Flashy 3d, and "innovative gameplay", all of this just ammounts to lackluster action game with some puzzles...
No, see I LIKE when they try new things. However "new things" doesn't mean fill my game with pointless sequences and claim innovation. Indigo Prophecy was great, wheres its rival? I don't like the idea that I get one good adventure every few years.....thats terrible.

I don't buy many 'decent' games. I would rather spend my money on 'amazing' games. I mean, I don't exactly feel like spending all my money on just games, so the ones I do buy better be worth it. However whats the point? Why not just buy Oblivion? Splinter Cell? FEAR? You know, games which actually keep me entertained without having to say "gee....this is kind of dull, what game can I compare it to in order to justify having played it?"