Thread: I'm fed up
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2006, 12:38 AM   #5
Naveed
Burning

Well, you havn't played Dreamfall yet, I assume? I agree, the IGN review is so disappointing, and it literally kills the hype of the game for me. I wish, oh I wish that it turns out to be wonderful. It was the only the adventure game in years that I wanted to play, and it will be such a letdown if it really disappoints as much as the IGN review suggests.

I am currently playing TLJ for the sake of going through the world again before the arrival of Dreamfall. I am enjoying it alot, since it is my second play through, after six years, so it feels very refreshing. What makes me still love TLJ is not the gameplay, which is point and click at best. It is the incredible depth in the story, the characters and dialogs. I hope, Dreamfall excels in these areas, otherwise it will kill a part of a gamer in me. Dreamfall is just not about the hype that is due to incredible graphics, or amazing gameplay, it is much more than that, its base is TLJ, and the reputation of Ragnar and Funcom.

Of course, if it really disappoints this much, I will never ever pre-order a game, unless I read reviews.