View Single Post
Old 04-17-2006, 03:58 PM   #8
AFGNCAAP
Dungeon Master

On the plus side, I haven't played the previous CSI games, but I can't imagine how the shift to 3D (even if it's not "real" 3D gameplaywise) can't be an improvement. With a cursor changes turned off (great feature by the way, those difficulty settings), it feels like I'm actually searching for clues rather than hunting for pixels. And, generally, if the AG reviews of previous instalments are to be believed, there is way more interactivity this time around (way more than zero, but still ).

But the demo convinced me this game is not for me. I wouldn't mind the led-by-the-hand feeling that much - I'd just set my mind to playing out a CSI episode (rather than conducting an investigation myself) to explain the linearity, were it not for at least two continuity errors in my playthrough.

Spoiler:
The first one is Nick saying that .22 bullet matches the gunpowder found on .45 gun before I analyzed the .45 gun at all.

The second one I can't remember (and won't check because of the odd save system), but it was during Catherine's first appearance. She and Nick wondered about something we had already found the answer to.

Also, William Petersen's name is misspelled in the credits.