View Single Post
Old 04-16-2006, 01:30 PM   #5313
Karmillo
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7
"LotR - The Two Towers" is currently on TV, and I just had to laugh out loud on something gimly said. You see, they're in front of this huge trench or something, and I think someone (tall) just jumped across it. Now, Gimli says to someone else (I believe it is Aragorn. Though I still prefer Strider in the books. Still have to read past the Elven halls in the first book...): "I can't jump that far! Ye'll have ter toss me!" (note that this is translated from German. I never saw the English version, as this is in fact the first time I see any of the movies.).

He says that with this strange, serious and somehow manic facial expression, which adds up to a simply hilarious few seconds.

Some of the first things I had to think of was Nodwick (specifically the second strip on that page), and Midget/Dwarf Tossing*. I wonder if they knew about that when they made the movie...

In any case, that scene had a definite comedic value to it.

-

*I ran across that when looking up P.T. Barnum and his sideshow. I don't have anything against small people or people suffering from GH deficiency. I don't refer to them as midgets either.
Hehe yeah, and the best bit about it was cause in the first movie when they were in these underground caverns there was a part when the stairs were collapsing and they all had to jump, and someone was throwing the hobbits across and when he came to Gimli he stopped him and said

"Nobody tosses a dwarf!"