View Single Post
Old 04-13-2006, 06:05 PM   #79
Bastich
Iconoclast

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane_cobra
I was so pissed off when the final boss batle came and all of my weapons got taken away (I'm not spoiler-tagging it as it's not really a spoiler, more of a warning for those who haven't played it yet). I've spent so much time maxing them out just so I could have it easier with the final boss. Luckily, I had enough healing items so I managed to beat him on my first go.

Did you manage to finish all the training rounds? Hats off to you if you did, some of the later criticals were way out of my league. Occasionally I'd manage to pull them off accidentally, but not consecutively, as the training required.
No effort was put into converting the instructions to correspond to keyboard controls on the training scrolls so I didn't even bother with trying the training. As if I know what key on my keyboard is equivalent to a triangle or a square or whatever...

That problem was really annoying on that gas trap with the "simon" lock thing. I pretty much had to randomly try keys on the keyboard until I translated it on paper.

As for the final boss?

What is even worse about what you mention is if you bothered with the final Dark Realm fights which you could enter from right outside Honnoji Temple previous to the final battle. Your reward for completing them with each character is a "super" weapon (Bishamon Sword for Samanosuke and the Ultimate Whip for Jacques) which you get to use for all of 10 seconds in the pre-Onimusha transformation portion of the final boss battle as Samanosuke and equally as short with Jacques in his little fight with Nobunaga.

It was quite annoying after fighting my way through 20 levels of the Dark Realm with Jacques and probably 15 or so with Samanosuke. In fact, the Dark Realm was far harder than the final boss, actually requiring some strategy, while I pretty much just button-mashed all the way through the final battle while stopping to heal every now and then. I beat Nobunaga on my first try also.

I wasn't really unhappy, as the challenge of the Dark Realm was more satisfying than the final boss, but I had to question the point of it. Why even have those weapons if they can't really be used? Especially after so much effort to acquire them?

Perhaps they unlock a special feature or something?