View Single Post
Old 04-09-2006, 05:44 PM   #19
Sierra Junkie

Send a message via MSN to avatar_58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terramax
The only reason why people wonder what's going wrong with AGs as opposed to there genres is because these games don't sell as well. But IMO this is the faults and wrongs with those buying games and the publishers not selling the games the right way than it being the fault of the programmers of these AG games.
That was true back in 96-98 when the so called decline of adventure games begun. Sierra and Lucasasrts stopped making them and as a result, people stopped buying them. Ipso facto the publishers got the idea they weren't popular any more. A sad chain of events if you ask me.....

However these days the reason they don't sell isn't so much the buyers fault anymore. There are one too many generic adventure games versus the show stopping amazing ones. In fact the only one I can remember having played in a long time is Indigo Prophecy and that was because it tried to be different.

I'm willing to bet that people will cry about Dreamfall trying to break free of the standard adventure game elements, but in the long run I can see it being another game we remember for years as opposed to a game we try to forget.