Thread: Keepsake
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2006, 08:14 AM   #17
Panthera
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fienepien
I don't think I have seen your question, but you can skip puzzles. Just ask for a hint, and again and again, until the game solves the entire puzzle for you. Used it myself a couple of times. One of the most annoying aspects of the game which nobody has mentioned yet, is that you don't know if you should try your hand at a puzzle or not. I solved one puzzle (with cog wheels) as soon as I discovered it, but nothing happened when I pulled the handle and the puzzle reset itself when I moved away. I was so sure I'd solved it that I asked for a hint for the first time and to my surprise the game told me I didn't have "the prerequisites" to solve the puzzle yet. What the f...! My solution was correct, as I found out later, so why did the puzzle reset?
Thank you. I've asked in other Keepsake threads, not in this, so sorry for lashing out. Off course you couldn't have seen it.. I'll continue playing, now that I know I can bypass that stupid thing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtrooney
They aren't necessarily intuitive, but require a great deal of trial and error. (With multiple saves.) Not my choice in an Adventure, but for those who like this sort of thing, it's probably a great play.
I don't agree. All the puzzles I have encountered so far is pure logic puzzles, witch if you know how to solve them, or se the logic in them, don't require trial and error (I'm not saying this because I'm so logical that I'm able to solve all the puzzles.. Hah! I've been stumped with several puzzles, not understanding at all what I'm supposed to do, but having a very logical boyfriend, he solved many of the puzzles I understood what I was supposed to do, but didn't manage to do it.. Like the "lead the dragon to the cave" puzzle) Several of the puzzles in the game are IQ puzzles, puzzles I've encountred solving IQ tests or Logical games..

My sporadically updated blogs:
Animation enthusiast, Sci-fi enthusiast and Snark, pedantry and random geekery