Thread: Keepsake
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2006, 02:20 PM   #12
Jackal
Hopeful skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terramax
Take Harry Potter? The so far basic narrative on the demo sounds like something from a Potter book as well.
Oh well, if we're doing crossover media, there's almost no originality anywhere.

Quote:
Also, I hope I don't have to mention how many point and click games we have based in old castles?
Actually, yes, please do. I don't remember the last time I played one.

Quote:
Point taken. However, why spend £20 on a half baked game?
I'm not trying to talk anyone who finds it half-baked into buying it. I wouldn't spend much on a half-baked game, myself. But I actually found a fair bit to like in the full game, which makes your question one I can't answer about Keepsake, because I just didn't find it half-baked. Only 3/4 baked, mind you. But not half.

Quote:
I don't think a game being low budget has got anything to do with the lack of quality.
Nor do I. But it does explain lesser production values, which is the only context I mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaJ
Being one who asks questions where the answers are obvious to the majority here, I "heard" a condescending tone in those words of his. So I snapped! I´m sorry if I hurt anyones feelings.
Nah, no feelings are being hurt here. But AF's comments only applied to a very particular context, and was not some all-encompassing attitudes towards newcomers or harmless questions in general. Absolutely everyone is welcome to ask questions freely, preferably after reading the thread it's going to appear in.