Thread: Keepsake
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2006, 08:42 AM   #1
Terramax

Default Keepsake

Has anyone bought this game and care to give some information on it?

I've just completed the demo and I have to say this is one of the worst demo's I've ever played. Not just one of the worst AGs, one of the worst games period.

The Voice acting is some of the worst ever. the guy teaching you the interface (which, unless you're 5 years or under, you could figure out even if you've never played an point and click before) has the most irratating voice I've ever heard.... HELL, all the voices are attrocious. The Wolf doesn't sound like he was once a great dragon at all. Nothing ambigious about his voice at all. The rest sound like they've just heard and read their script for the first time.

The graphics are unoriginal, bland and the demo almost completely still. I know the place is supposed to be deserted, but a little more movement here and there would be terrific (Myst 4 should be taken as an example). The locations have terrible, dull colour patterns and the drawings look like something from a mid-ninties game.

The FMVs are the worst too. I imagine that these guys had possibly the smallest budget ever. half of it is just still pictures again with the most minuete of movements. It would've been better just to have told the story in complete ingame gameplay than waste the money on these FMVs.

The story doesnt' seem very motivating too. What a shambles of a game. This is the ultimate evidence as to why no one takes any notice of AGs anymore.