Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottsie
Great photos Trep! You're such a cutie!
Dang, don't make me blush, man.

Quote:
Be gentle.
Well, don't you look as comforting as a pillow! I can do nothing else but relax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquashedSak
It was missing something...
Awesome! Thanks. Reminds me of the striking Jean-Baptiste Mondino photographs for Jean-Paul Gaultier's advertising campaigns during the 1980s. Dang, those tats look seductive, making me wanna get them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingzlebub
That looks like something George Krause could've taken.

Only a little bit on the not really side.
Awesome work. I've heard of Krause before, but only in passing (i.e., hadn't studied him in contemporary art history). The guy who photographed me specializes in black & white nudes and this was the first time he pushed the lights and shadows to this extreme in his oeuvre.

Oh, and I love yer new av! Got that "I'm-the-worst-bitch-from-hell-hug-me" air about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynsie
Trep -

You look so much better in the casual pics than the posed ones. Yes, they are great, and very artistic, but the Trep I want to know, is the one in the casual pics. I can see why Saksie did what he did. That stony artist's model just isn't the Trep we know and love! You seem too austere and removed from the realities of the world - untouched and untouchable, and therefore not like our real Trep. As ever, you seem ageless, but if I had to guess - I would say in the casual pic you look 28.

You two both know that I love you, and that I'm being honest with you.
Continuing from my explanation to Kingz, the photographer who asked me to pose for him saw all my angles and he then chose to treat me as sculpture, so there is an austerity and untouchability in that, a kind of ideal. It was purely aesthetic, so it wasn't really a portrait and doesn't display my personality. In real life I'm cool and laid back, but also quite a smart-ass (inherited from my dad), witty, much more approachable though shy.

Thanks for your honesty.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien