View Single Post
Old 04-05-2006, 02:29 AM   #6
Eyeball Kid
mockumentary

Send a message via MSN to Eyeball Kid

As I've said before, I find the contrast between the music in the main part of TLJ and the more toned down guitar melodies in the Prologue and Epilouge, quite interesting. Now I just hope that the soundtrack of Dreamfall will have some of that personality. Also the music tracks from the Jukebox in the Festival Fringe was nice.

If you consider Outcast and adventure game, I highly recommend the orchestral score from that game. I've been playing it on my stereo many times.

The jazzy soundtrack of Discworld Noir is quite atmospheric and chilling.

It seems to me that there are actually a lot of good music produced for video games. One of my fondest memories, is actually the score of Gabriel Knight 3, which is also a terrific game. I find the melancholy, short piano melodies of the game quite inpiring, but most importantly it adds a lot to the game. But of course, that can be said of the soundtrack of all the games above. Syberia's soundtrack is similar to GK's soundtrack in the way that it is used in the game. There is not very much of it, but that makes what's actually there all the more precise and effective. It doesn't interrupt the player. Other good sountracks: Course of Monkey Island, Grim Fandango, The Neverhood etc

Last edited by Eyeball Kid; 04-06-2006 at 06:17 AM.