View Single Post
Old 04-01-2006, 12:31 AM   #33
insane_cobra
gin soaked boy

I think many developers currently developing games for DS might also go and develop something for Revolution. It wouldn't cost them that much more and the remote could be used in the same way a stylus can. Developing for Revolution is reportedly very similar to developing for GameCube, so those few existing Cube developers can already get a lot out of it. Let's not forget that Resident Evil 4 is still one of the best looking games on any platform, Xbox 360 included, and that Twilight Princess has been proclaimed the best game of last year's E3, despite the next gen titles looming on the horizon. Revolution will be 2-3 times as powerful - good enough for me. And with less horse power than PS3 and Xbox 360, maybe we'll finally see the advent of non-photorealistic rendering. Wouldn't you like to see more games looking like Okami, Rez and Killer 7?

Also, the controller is not just the remote. It's the nunchuck controller, remember? It's perfectly suited for most today's hard core genres. FPS? Check. RTS? Check. Racing? Check. Sports? You betcha! Imagine a game like Oblivion in which you can swing your own weapon. Or a FPS in the vein of Jedi Knight, is there a better fit? If they include two controllers with every console, think of boxing games or beat 'em ups. And on top of that, there are gimicky games.

Now, I know there are many ifs in all that, but you can't say it doesn't have the potential.