View Single Post
Old 03-31-2006, 07:38 PM   #52
Junkface
Grah! Grah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7
After Civ2 the series jumped the shark, if you ask me. I have Civ 3, and it's not as enjoyable as Civ 2 or Civ 1. (I want to build my palace! Or my throne room! Anything!)

Somebody told me that Civ 4 (I think it was Civ 4) is closer to the old concepts again. Would that be true, I ask of you? I don't know if I should buy it, or keep on searching for a cheap copy of Civ 2 Gold Edition (which I'm probably going to do anyway. Those fantasy scenarios were great fun.).
Of the previous Civilizations, I've only played Civ1, and that was probably over ten years ago, and I didn't get very in depth, so I'm not in the best position to say. My frustration and boredom probably make it sound like a bad game, but I think I'm actually just burned out on strategy games at the moment and it's really quite a good game (if those ****ing wonder movies would work...) Definitely worth playing, but I can't really say how it relates to the earlier games (except that I much prefer it from an aesthetic perspective.) Plus it has the Velvet Underground representing rock and roll which makes it especially cool.